Master Thesis - UX solutions for generating business rules for IoT data
Student & Trainee – Linköping
We are looking for a Master Thesis student to study potential UX solutions for generating business rules for IoT data. Working in an agile development environment with distributed sensor data streams and processing points provide new possibilities but also new hurdles, one of them being the ease of defining rules and where and when they should be evaluated. In IoT this is exceptionally tricky due to the wide variety of deployments and limitations set on the distributed intelligence gathering.
The aim of this thesis is to investigate potential UX solutions that define and model the distributed dataflows and execution nodes in our generalized IoT model:
- Investigating available modelling tools both graphical and definition based
- Investigating research around distributed rule engines (Complex Event Processing).
- Presenting results and developing concept demonstrations based on Cybercom I4 (IoT platform)
- Writing a thesis report
- Background in Engineering, Computer Science or similar
- Significant part of courses associated with the degree are accomplished
- Strong analytical skills and ability to acquire new knowledge and apply it in the job
- Good communication skills in written and spoken Swedish/English
- Ability to formulate problems and solve them independently and with the team
- Willingness to write publication
- Implementation of concept solution
We will provide active support for the motivated Thesis Worker in the work to successful fulfil the requirements for the Master Thesis.
We are Makers. And Makers do not believe in copy-paste solutions. Neither do we believe that value lies in only developing what others have drawn on tedious Power point slides.
We believe in less talk and more doing. Anyone can dream big and talk about business opportunities, but few have the skills to turn these ideas into reality.
With a maturing digital world, more and more people start to appreciate the value of skillful and responsible makers. They realize that it is not enough with just a good idea and some random developers to realize it. The proof is really in the pudding. And that is the value makers bring. By learning through experience, we know what really matters, and we apply our skills and creative use of technology to every client and situation in order to create truly unique solutions for the future. A future that is responsible, sustainable and therefore, worthwhile building.
Peter Frejd, Consultant Unit Manager, email@example.com
Welcome with your application, see link below.